Thank you for visiting my website.
Understanding and making sense of your experiences and patterns can bring you one step closer to a more balanced life - a life which empowers you and generates a positive path to growth, health, and well-being.
The goal of our therapy would be to bring more awareness to your choices and patterns, so that you can be empowered to make more mindful decisions. While we can't change difficult situations of the past, we can work together to better understand and make sense of the past and meet new challenges in your life with more clarity and balance.
I believe that facing your truth, (and acknowledging it), is a courageous and important step to a new way of being. Even the seemingly small step of visiting this website can be the beginning of a new trajectory for your life. You and I will work together to help you to achieve a greater sense of awareness. As you become more self-aware and accepting, you will be more capable of finding contentment in your life.
If you are seeking guidance, counsel, understanding, or a new outlook regarding a challenging situation, please send me a message.
I sincerely look forward to working with you in helping you achieve greater balance in your life and relationships.
“Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they are never weakness” -Brene' Brown
My Five Core Beliefs
1. The human brain never stops growing and changing! Therapy can influence how your brain grows in a profound way, no matter your age, which can lead to a more fulfilling life for you and those around you.
2. Negative feelings (such as anger or sadness) that are stubbornly persistent can in fact be responses from our earlier history which are still active and drive us in the present, causing us to repeat certain emotional patterns or behavior. Or, put another way: We get stuck on an old groove (like a record) even though time has passed and we may not even remember the original experience. Therapy can help you to tune into, untangle, understand, and create new neural networks in your brain to create new patterns of thought (and subsequently, action).
3. We all have the power to help to heal ourselves, become more content, and step into balance if we consciously choose to do so. Therapy is a step in that direction and a way to enhance your skills for a better life.
4. I tailor treatment to each unique individual and couple in an integrative and holistic way. I prefer to see my clients through a strength-based lens, where we work together to encourage healing, growth, and acceptance.
5. An effective and attuned counseling relationship empowers you to become more self-aware, strengthens your internal compass, and encourages change to help you create balance for yourself. An effective counseling relationship also helps you to focus your natural healing abilities through a warm and supportive environment.
Adult Individual Therapy
I can help you with:
Leading a More Intentional and Integrated Life
Anxiety, Depression, and Panic Attacks
Major Life Transitions
Divorce and Separation
Understanding Your Choices and Patterns to Create a Better Life
If you do not see your particular issue or circumstance listed above, I encourage you to give me a call to discuss your needs.
If I am not the best person to help with your situation I will make an appropriate referral.
Counseling / Coaching Individual Session (45 min): $125.00
Counseling / Coaching Couples Session (60 min): $150.00
I accept cash, check, Venmo, and all major credit cards. If using a card, an additional 3% applies.
I do not bill insurance for clients but will gladly provide you a receipt so that you may be reimbursed by your insurance carrier.
Payment is due at time of service.
My Background, Training, and Theoretical Orientation
My influences include:
Counseling is my passion. I shifted my entire life plan in my early thirties to "become" a counselor. The road hasn't been straight and narrow for me. Prior to becoming a counselor I worked in various roles at schools, universities, and even in private sector companies. What I found during this journey is that all of these experiences have deepened my personal and professional life, and have helped to get me to "be" where I am today. Many people put an enormous amount of pressure on themselves to pick the "right" path, even when they might not know what they really want, which leads me to my main point: Life is about learning, change, being, and growing. It's about trial and error, and trial and success. Sometimes you have to make mistakes, grow into your own skin, and become more consciously aware to become more of the person you really are at your core.
You are an emerging being! No matter where you are right now, you get to mold, change, accept, re-define, write and re-write the script of your life. Just because you have always been a certain way, doesn't mean that you must stay that way. You are not stuck. You get to choose in each moment. You get to grow.
I am a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor through the North Carolina Board of Licensed Clinical Board of Mental Health Counselors (License#11069) and have been a member in good standing of the American Counseling Association since 2009.
I have been counseling adults and children since 1999, when I earned my BA in Psychology, and began working in various helping settings. I went back to school in my early thirties to earn both a Master’s of Science degree in Counseling Psychology as well as a C.A.S in School Counseling from The State University of New York at Albany in December 2009 to formalize and develop my innate instincts to counsel. I am continually working to improve my skill set as a counselor, and I am committed to growing and learning about multiple healing modalities so that I can provide you with the very best care and guidance that I can offer to help you to emerge, shift, accept, and expand.
Please see my
I tailor treatment to each unique individual and couple. Your needs and personal history will determine how we will work together. I typically work from an integrative, eclectic, holistic, energy, and Interpersonal Neurobiology-based framework. I don't have a pre-determined agenda for my clients, but prefer to have the process unfold in a natural, attuned, need-based way. I utilize progressive, brain-based therapies and concepts in a mindful and intuitive way that will help to address your needs; mind, body, and spirit.
I live in Carrboro with my husband and two dogs. I enjoy activities in nature, NIA, dancing, running, traveling, rummaging for treasure at thrift stores, being with family and friends, and trying new things.
© 2021 by Jenna Best